- Q: Does your fireplace use any sort of fuel?
A: No, our fireplaces are all electric, you just plug them in to a standard electric outlet and you are ready to go.
Q: Is it safe to put the fireplace directly against the wall? Is it safe to put on carpet or on top of a rug?
A: Yes, you can put them against any wall, in any room, and on any surface.
- Q: Is it safe to move the fireplace to another location once it is assembled?
A: Yes, the fireplace, once assembled, is sturdy and is safe to move.
- Q: How much does it cost to run?
A: Depending on the electric rates in your area it costs around $.03 - $.06 per hour to run without heat and $.10 - $.13 with heat.
- Q: How many watts/BTU's does it give off any hour?
A: 4600 BTU's
- Q: How large of a room can my fireplace heat?
A: Approximately 400 square feet
- Q: Is it possible to purchase your fireplaces without the heating element?
A: No, however all of our fireplaces have the functionality to operate with the heat on or off.
- Q: How does the fireplace come when it is shipped to my home?
A: It will typically arrive in two boxes. One will contain the mantel and the other will contain the electric firebox.
- Q: What are your fireplaces made out of?
A: They are made from solid wood and the highest quality real wood veneers.
- Q: What is the difference between the Builders Box and the Electric Insert?
A: The ClassicFlame builders box Built In Electric Fireplaces are designed to be professionally installed and hard wired into a buildings electrical system. These units support either a 120-volt service or a 240 volt service. This is different from our electric inserts which are made to go directly into our corresponding mantels. They cannot be wired directly; instead they simply plug into any standard 120 volt outlet.
- Q: What sizes are your electric fireboxes offered in?
A: They come in 23",28" and 33" sizes (please see spec sheet for exact dimensions). Our builder's boxes come in 33", 39",45", and 52" sizes.
- Q: Does your fireplace need any venting or a chimney?
A: No, our fireplaces are all vent free and therefore there is no need for any chimney, any venting, any gas lines. There is no open flame, no mess or clean up.
- Q: Do you need any permits to install your fireplaces?
A: No permits are required.
- Q: Do your fireplaces give off any fumes or gases?
A: No, our fireplaces do not emit any fumes, any CO2, any smoke, any emissions, nor any pollutants.
- Q: Does the glass front get hot?
A: No the glass front always remains cool and is perfectly safe.
- Q: Is there much maintenance with your fireplaces?
A: The only maintenance required would be to change the standard 40 watt candelabra light bulb, which has a standard life of 2 years, if it burns out.
- Q: Where can I find your products?
A: We are sold at fine furniture and specialty stores throughout the U.S. Also, you can use the dealer locator tool on this website to find the store(s) nearest you.
- Q: Can I buy just the insert?
A: Most stores sell the mantel and insert together. We can refer you to a distributor, however, who can help you find just the insert